Skip to main content


I live in the USA, and I do not have health insurance.

Monday I ate hot Chinese food. Maybe I burned my mouth? That evening I noticed this large, swollen thing under my tongue, coming off that rough area that I guess are salivary glands or something? You know, the pocket-like folds of skin under the tongue, I don't know what that's called. But it's like, coming off one of those. Here it is from Monday:

It was not painful or anything. Next, here it is today, on Friday. It is a small, hard thing now, and has shrunken to 1/4 its original size.

Is this the normal lifespan of a sudden blister from eating hot food? I've experienced this on the roof of my mouth, but never under the tongue.

Thanks, and I'm scared.

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.