Reply to "Tonsil problems... ENT appointment. HELP"

Just figured i’d check in. Today I went to see the same ENT doctor i saw a month ago (i was referred to him from the ER where I was treated for my abscess). He once again simply looked into my mouth and said “yeah those are big”. However he still wants to wait until December before considering a tonsillectomy. I told him how uncomfortable it was and how i haven’t been able to get much sleep, but he replied that he can’t perform the surgery now because i’m at risk of my peritonsillar abscess returning. I am not a very outspoken person, very quiet and shy, so i just trusted his opinion and left within 5 minutes of him entering the room. I am very unsure of what to do. He doesn’t seem very concerned so that eased my anxiety a bit, however it doesn’t change the fact that my throat feels very uncomfortable. Should I get a second opinion at my usual hospital? or should i simply wait until December? I feel very defeated. I would greatly appreciate any advice from anyone. 

×
×
×
×