I have ORN. I have just completed 6 months antibiotics and the infection has so far not come back (3 weeks) although my jaw is still swollen. I have just had results from PET scan, they do not knowhow deep it is but says the necrotic bone is a larger area than expected, he explained there are 2 walls to a bone and one wall is necrotic and the other partially. Dr says we will not see real problem until surgery and may need steel plate because I my get a pathological fracture. I did not ask many questions as I was in shock. He told me I could wait if it seems stable. He says its not progressing but how does he know? If it is not progressing I will not have surgery, why risk it? I have read horror stories. I had 40 HBO treatment but no help. Any advice for me ? Does it progress? I will not be seeing the Dr again as he cannot perform the op. I live in the Middle East. Are there any maxillofacial surgeons in Uk who speciaalise in ORN?